Wednesday, July 21, 2010

An Essay from a Summer Intern


Working at Green City growers will be unforgettable for me even when I go back to Korea.


Actually, when I decided to work here, I didn’t know exactly how this company would function to grow lots of vegetables and what I should do to make Green City Growers flourish. However, as I worked here longer, I learned lots of precious things that I was not interested in before.


Firstly, while I worked at G.C.G, I learned how to make lines of irrigation which can support plants firmly. It was a new experience for me to make these. When I accidentally found the lines of irrigation I had made in the garden outside, it made me feel worthwhile. Also, I used to sort seeds according to alphabetical order.


By sorting, I became familiar with what kinds of seeds can be helpful for people who want to eat vegetables such as tomatoes, broccoli, kale, spinach, basil and something like that.


And it was also an interesting experience for me to transplant plants to grow much bigger and healthier. After I learned how to transplant plants well, I recognized there are lots of ways to promote the growth of plants.


Even though I had never been interested in organic vegetables, now I think that I should protect plants just like humans and each creature.


What I want to thank Jessie and Anne for is that they not only gave me opportunities to get exciting experience but they gave me a realistic environment where I could speak and practice speaking English by working with other interns who are native speakers.


Even though I can’t speak English very well, they helped me achieve my goal to speak English better.


Although I go back to my country, I will not forget and I will miss Green City Growers’ staff.


I hope Green City Growers can flourish more and more.


-Nyeong Soo Jung, a summer intern

Nyeon Soo is a student in the Kaplan English as a second language program. She interned at Green City Growers this summer in order to improve her English.

No comments:

Post a Comment